Thursday, February 17, 2011

Deadlines, and sex

Since my last entry, I've begun writing a new short story.

I have another entry that I want to post some time soon about the constant "starting" of writing, but that will wait.

I have respected the deadline from my meeting with my writer friend, and as the 20th approaches I am finding myself under the gun--where most writers find themselves, I'm told--and the creative juices are flowing.

This story has helped me accept my strengths and craft stories focusing on them, while still finding ways to push boundaries and explore new areas of writing.

As part of the current story, I realized as I was writing that the plot requires a sex scene. I, however, have never written a sex scene. I knew what it required though. It couldn't be graphic, because then it's erotica and that's not what I want. It couldn't be too long, because that would make it the focus of the story and that's also not what I want. I didn't want a Danielle Steele scene, basically. I wanted to treat the scene with decorum and respect, not divert the reader.

I think I did it alright. I'll know when I get the feedback from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment