Monday, February 21, 2011

New Story

Well, I finished the rough draft of a new story.

It's called "Beyond the Sea" and it's 24 pages long, clocking in at just over 5,700 words. It is, I believe, the longest piece I have written with the exception of my novella, which is three times that length.

It felt good to be writing again, but it feels great to have completed a draft of a new story. It's encouraging, empowering, and other positive words as well. Knowing that I can still do that, that I haven't lost the knack completely, is putting the thoughts into my head to re-read my older stories and revise them, tighten them up as well. I may not write an entirely new work for a little bit, but I will improve on the works I already have. Maybe making one or more of them ready for publication, at which point I will start submitting them to magazines and competitions.

Today though, I'm giving my brain a rest. I need to relax my mind so I can start fresh on either a new story or a new draft of an old story without carrying this into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment